We just watched a lovely and sweetly inspiring movie, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. I would recommend it if you are in need of summer respite. It is the cultural bonding of two distinctively alien belief systems, the political media hype behind everyday events and blind following of historical despotic terrorists who want nothing to do with the ‘west’. It paints through visual and wise spiritual metaphors, how to look at life through a new belief-structured lens - opening our consciousness - exploring different angles and directions of what and who we are here to be.
Our protagonist, Ewan McGregor, is bored out of his brain, working in a tightly-wound government position, casting flies at the wall. As the story unfolds, the realization of his overly dull and listless “going no-where” domestic life seeps into his consciousness, slowly eroding the old patterns and beliefs of what is commonly expected of him. Whew!! As the viewer, it is delightful to watch the unfolding of personality and character as the rigid and smartly coiffed hair gives way to relaxed and casual, the dress looser and more organic, leaving his ‘old’ life behind to offer his immense talents for the manifestation of something grand.
This movie spiritually garners a mirror, thus invoking the question of – ‘where do you sit? where do I sit’ – in the scheme of events as we move through our own personal basic domestic life, repeating the same weekly routines, errands and chores? Is this all there is, do we want something more, are there changes ahead? Before I offer ideas I will add, there are many who are completely happy in their sweet, family-rich environments, where their world is completely full of loving embraces, menus rich in cultural overtones and vacations steeped in reunions. And to be honest, when I am personally in the mix of my inner family circle, I too, am completely blissed-out. However, I have had a restless undertone, where I am in need of embracing something bigger, more grand and stimulating, knowing I am making a positive difference in the world.
I’m not sure if you personally feel this, or if this is just a hunger I have had since I was young. If you do have this niggling, tickling sensation of desire, I would ask you, if you know what it is you are seeking, what it is you need, to have your hunger satisfied and satiated. Ironically, I believe this is the question that begs to be identified and answered and most importantly acted upon. Where to begin?
1. Do you know what it is you are feeling? Why do you feel this way?
2. What motivates you either positively or negatively to take action? (I become cranky every time I see homes where it is nothing but an unofficial junk yard filled with multiple cars, trucks, antique garbage and just plain crap for the rest of us to view – this has always been one of those unsettling private property issues that instills in me ‘action’.)
3. Can you spell it? (I know this sounds funny, however if you can’t identify and spell what it is that Curls Your Toes, I suggest going back to number 1.)
4. Find the steps to make visible and viable what it is that excites you.
5. Be willing to try several hats on in search of the perfect fit; sometimes it takes a few risks, a few mistakes, misguided attempts, wrong sizes to discover the right answer and positive match.
6. Discover fellow travelers who like you, feel the same intense desire to share, participate and be enthusiastically involved in the positive change. Remember though, it can’t involve ‘saving’ – that leads down the path of blaming, taking away personal responsibility -and leads absolutely no-where. We cannot save anything or anyone; instead reframe it into teaching, educating and showing. This changes everything energetically, re-positioning the outcome.
7. When we step into the bigger picture, dismantling old impregnable (stuck) patterns of going no-where, we embrace a better ‘today’, constructing the grand avenue of new adventurous highways and developmental bi-ways – side roads of wildly spontaneous moments (which might not have ever occurred) in all your future tomorrows.
8. Every moment we have the opportunity to change, redirect and form a fresh line of probabilities; imagine the potentiality of what is possible when every second we have complete designer control to paint what it is that makes our hearts full. The passport is lined with tickets, maps and itineraries, paints packed, people notified, for the possible adventures to occur.
9.. NOW is the time to let go of the old fears which hold us back – ‘I’m not good enough, I’m not talented enough, I don’t have the skills, I don’t have the knowledge, I’m too old, I’m too young, I’m not handsome enough, beautiful enough, strong enough’ and on and on. Okay, go to school, sharpen your skills, cut your hair, try new make-up, throw out old clothes and mix-up the ones remaining with new color schemes, exercise, and just smile. A genuine smile changes everything!
10. GO, create a new direction today and see what develops in the days ahead. It just might involve saving some salmon and redirecting a new line of belief.
Cosmic sunshine to you!
For my dear friend.
My dream has always been to involved with psychic archaeology. I put out that intention to the universe decades ago, in the midst of growing, changing, expanding my intuitive skills and honing my healing abilities. The timing wasn’t right – till now. Recently I have connected with a gentleman who utilizes infrared photography, who captures on film images from the past, the energies cemented throughout time in the cosmic ether and dimensional ions, faces and architecture of life long ago. We are teaming together to create several projects to capture in photos and in words, stories, events, healing, earth energies, portals, elementals, historical references and ancient peoples. If my dreams can come true, yours can too.